The Common Council will be holding a virtual meeting on Monday, May 4 at 6 PM to approve the Oscar Mayer Special Area Plan. THE CITY PLANS TO CREATE A SIGNALIZED 4 WAY INTERSECTION AT COOLIDGE/PACKERS TO ALLOW TRAFFIC TO ENTER THE EKEN PARK NEIGHBORHOOD DIRECTLY FROM PACKERS AVE ONTO COOLIDGE STREET. This is our last chance to oppose this intersection and make our voices heard.
Please email any concerns you have to:
firstname.lastname@example.org TPPB Chairperson Tom Wilson
Allalders@cityofmadison.com All Alders – All Districts
email@example.com Chair of the Plan Commission
firstname.lastname@example.org Director of Planning Division Heather Stouder
Better yet, you can register to speak during the zoom meeting. If you plan to attend, and would like to speak, you will need to register at:
https://www.cityofmadison.com/clerk/meeting-schedule/virtual-meetings/open ahead of time. This link will also take you to the directions on how to attend the meeting online or via phone – it is the Transportation Policy and Planning Board meeting.
This proposed intersection will direct traffic from a major thoroughfare into a neighborhood down a residential street and past a city park where children play. Unless the drivers live in the very north part of Eken Park, they will end up heading back to Commercial Ave which is designed to handle larger amounts of traffic, or to E. Washington and nothing will be gained other than to disrupt the neighborhood. Please take 5 or 10 minutes to email, or speak in opposition to this on Monday. It is our last chance to make changes.
The City of Madison is holding the Transportation Policy and Planning Board meeting virtually to help protect our community from the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
1. WRITTEN COMMENTS: You can send comments on agenda items to email@example.com
2. REGISTER BUT DO NOT SPEAK: You can register your support or opposition to an agenda item at https://www.cityofmadison.com/MeetingRegistration.
3. REGISTER TO SPEAK OR ANSWER QUESTIONS: If you wish to speak at the virtual meeting on an agenda item, you must register. You can register at https://www.cityofmadison.com/MeetingRegistration. When you register to speak, you will be sent an email with the information you will need to join the virtual meeting.
4. WATCH THE MEETING: You can call-in or watch the Transportation Policy and Planning Board meeting in several ways:
• Livestream on the Madison City Channel website
• Livestream on the City of Madison YouTube channel
Television: Watch live on Spectrum channel 994 and AT&T U-Verse channel 99 •
One thought on “Make your voice heard on Packers / Coolidge proposed intersection!”
This is an important meeting for all things related to transportation, bike paths, walking paths and the desire to keep the Coolidge intersection into Packers as a walking / bike path similar to the one at Monroe Street and Leonard on the west side of the city. This request has a precedent. Also, we need to request that the city refer to the WisDOT facilities development manual that requires community sensitive design when considering all things transportation. (FDM 11-3-1)
Request your 3 minutes to speak out for your neighborhood, it’s values and it’s beautiful sense of place.
REGISTER TO SPEAK OR ANSWER QUESTIONS: If you wish to speak at the virtual meeting on an agenda item, you must register. You can register at https://www.cityofmadison.com/MeetingRegistration. When you register to speak, you will be sent an email with the information you will need to join the virtual meeting.