Skip to content
Meeting called to order at 6:35pm.
Welcome and introductions.
Approval of former meeting minutes.
- Minutes from May approved by unanimous motion.
- Revised minutes from April approved by unanimous motion.
Alex (Treasurer) moving to Milwaukee
- Bylaws say officers have to live in Eken Park.
- Until he sells his house he can stay.
- Jim suggests waiting until next meeting before taking any action.
- Alex willing to stay on as Treasurer.
- Maggie: does Alex want to stay?
- Zach: elections may require some things in person (Heritage Credit Union may require in-person account switch).
- Alex will be in Madison once per week over the summer.
- People will be able to buy beer tickets with credit card.
- Does anyone have ipads/tablets/phones EPNA can use for Square “registers”?
- EPNA will possibly reimburse for screen protector.
- Fundraiser with Dexters.
- Looking for Beanie Babies as a donation.
- Beanie Babies to be used as bags for a bags tournament.
- New owner.
- Completely renovating.
- Some groceries at new store once open.
- EPNA could help with any permitting issues.
Traffic Impacts of ella
Art Walk Committee
- City approved all permits.
- Not painting street surface anymore.
- Instead painting picnic benches.
- Also painting on fabric which will be glued to the inside of the bridge.
- Saturday 10a-2p.
- Asking for volunteers:
- Supervise children
- Get demographics on children for grant
- Photos of painting for grant
- Cooper invited musicians to play some acoustic guitar.
- Keep zoom meetings but have an in person meeting occasionally.
- Multiple members expressed interest in a hybrid meeting option.
- Passed this fall
- $18m deficit
- Should EPNA recommend where to do budget cuts?
- Discuss w/ Syed
- Make Music Madison is coming
- 2400 block of hoard has ~5 performers
- New Eken Park Playground Equipment
- Bid in May
- Planned to replace in august
- Large item garbage pickup is changing
- You have to sign up now online
- You can’t leave it out without signing up
- It has already changed
- You could possibly sign someone else up for pickup
- Common council meeting Tuesday Zoning Amendment
- Syed voted against it
- Packers ave 2 story building used to be affordable housing
- Converted to market rate
- CCT district up to 32 units w/out input from neighborhood
- Watch the council meeting to see
- Proposed to remove F-35 from ordinance, council refused
- Oscar Meyer
- Owner is working on south parcel
- Market rate dense housing
- Hooper Corp site
- Consultant hired to appraise the property
- Started phase 1 environmental assessment
- Done by end of July
- Trying to purchase to build homeless shelter
Jim moves to adjourn Zach seconded passed at 7:29pm