Intro/ Approval of Minutes
- Called to order at 6:35p.
- 10 people in attendance.
- Motion made by Tom and seconded to approve Oct. Minutes, approved apparently unanimously.
Co-chair and Officer Elections.
- Tom gave a speech.
- Charlie gave a speech.
- Wants to continue 501c3 effort
- Respects meeting schedule
- Wants to coordinate with PTA(s) of Emerson, Sherman, East (High)
- Tom: if positions are uncontested we can vote by a show of hands.
- Candidates are:
- Charles McNulty for Co-chair
- Zack Brewer for Secretary
- Jim Wold for Treasurer
- Candidates elected unanimously by a show of hands.
- Candidates are:
- Bernice, who requested this agenda item, was not able to be present.
- Chair of the Festival Committee, Kaitlin Sonsalla, is also not present.
- Member asked if committee chairs are appointed for life or if there is a term?
- Particularly the Greenspace potentially needs a new chair as he is often absent from meetings.
- Secretary to reach out to Rick via email and attempt to schedule regular meetings.
- Zach Johnson
- Transportation Committee meeting 12/9
- Cooper: do we have any planned fundraising?
- Tom: Dexter’s historically has had great fundraisers for EPNA. Tom has volunteered to contact Dexter’s owner for future opportunities.
- Jim asks why raise more money if we have approximately what we currently need.
- A member suggested that we generally make donations near the end of the year to various neighborhood organizations so can increase these if we have a surplus.
- Tom mentioned we could fund Erick’s voucher system (see previous minutes)
As of November 1, 2021 EPNA has $19,286.84 in checking.
We have two outstanding checks, $700 payable to City Treasurer for the Fest Beer Permit.
I just emailed City Finance Dept. about that check….did they get it. I got a reply from them, yes, they did get our check, it is still being “processed”.
$100 payable to Veronika Werzinske, widow of former co-chair Jody Werzinske.
We have one outstanding liability, of $3090, to Erika when she finishes installing the remaining 3 butterflies.
I found the EPNA account on PayPal. I verified paid memberships, from PayPal back through July 1, 2021.Taken from Zoom chat
- Charlie: only 3 days to order home-made Baklava from our Greek Orthodox neighbors
- Cooper congratulates newly elected officers.
- Zach: Usually we have an in person social meeting at Dexter’s after December meeting, should we meet in person again?
- Most seem comfortable with meeting in person.
- Jim moves to adjourn, seconded, approved unanimously, meeting adjourned at 7:24pm.
* Taken from zoom chat