Intro/ Approval of Minutes
- Called to order at 6:32pm.
- 13 people in attendance.
- Motion to approve Dec minutes tabled until Feb meeting due to delay in publishing.
January 1, 2022
HERITAGE CREDIT UNION
EKEN PARK Neighborhood Association.
Current Balance: $18,330.21
And our checkbook is balanced at $18,330.21
We have one outstanding liability for $3090. That is due to Ericka Koivunen when she finishes installing the remaining three butterflies at the Johnson and E. Washington neighborhood gateway.
We need to hold a balance of some $12,000. The 2021 festival cost us well over $11,000 to conduct. We need to carry the $12,000 in the event that we put on a festival and it gets rained out and no body(sic) comes and buys beer to generate revenue.
So….. $18,000 minus $3000 equals $15,000. $15,000 minus $12,000 leaves us about $3,000 to “do something” with.
In past years we have donated a small sum ($200 – $300) every winter to a local entity which serves Eken Park.
- If any members know of committees that are not listed below, please contact EPNA or mention in open comments.
- List of standing committees:
- Chair currently “out of continent (OOC)” but will be communicative with officers going forward
- Cooper recently attempted to contact Chair.
- Due to dissolve after most recent project.
- Chair responded right away and will continue as chair.
- Not much to report until March but Chair pledged to be communicative.
- Invited to Feb meeting.
- Chair will continue and is communicative.
- Member asked about greenspace committee being subsumed by gateway committee.
- Member asked if there are term limits for committee chairs or members, is there a mechanism for removing chairs or members, and are there requirements for communication?
- This is why co-chairs reached out to committee chairs.
- We should have policies as opposed to bylaws.
- Committees should be self-organizing, so should decide when founded what the answers to the above questions should be.
- Did not collide with Erica, but she reported that she was working on the butterflies.
Process for Giving out Donations
- What should the process be?
- Member stated:
- Some other NAs have process that we should look into copying.
- Giving money should be an investment in the neighborhood.
- Another member expressed support for a formal process.
- Member expressed support for
- $300 to Bashford Church
- $300 to “Girls Rock Camp” to sponsor a girl from the neighborhood
- $500 to water filling station
- Erick reiterated his idea about funding a voucher program. Members expressed support for this, possibly forming a committee.
- Tabled until next meeting.
- 1/13 traffic meeting
- Accident happened
- Dispute over Oscar Meyer plan regarding wetland
- Property owner wants to change zoning of wetland to commercial
- 1/19 meeting regarding North Street and commercial vacant property
- Beer garden
- 1/26 meeting
- E Wash and Fair Oaks
- 250 unit affordable housing
- Concerns about building in F-35 65db zone
- Meeting in february
- Development across from 4 Seasons Car Wash
- Concerns of developing in F-35 65db zone
- Loss of connections on north side in new BRT plan
- BRT coming in 2025
- Cooper moves to adjourn, seconded by Jim, approved unanimously, meeting adjourned at 7:30pm.
* Taken from zoom chat